Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rainy are my days or the peas trees are in.


 Happy is my garden.  It has been raining all week long.  The rain started on Sunday.  Just in time to rescue us from two weeks of smoldering humidity.  Our nights are sweet and cool again.  But I am never satisfied with perfection.  I long for the hot days of summer.  We are getting the pool up and running this year.  The kids are so excited it makes you smile just watching them as they watch the water and chemicals go in.  Just thinking of watching them, we will have to be extra vigilant.  Should I place latches high up on doors.  Or at least latches with bells/noise makers attached.  Pools of water and children equal thoughtless attraction.


Oh, but my garden, I planted peas yesterday.  There were a few hours stopping of the raining.  I honestly thought that it had stopped so I got my four little peas trees off the porch garden and transplanted them into my, whatever-I-wish-to-plant-this-year, garden.  It poured last night.  I planted them on a hill so this morning when I checked, they were still alive.  I am ecstatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment